Board Member Education
At Cedar, we realize that educating the leaders within our associations is an integral part of a seamless community. By taking the time to expand our Board of Directors’ knowledge, they are better equipped to hold effective meetings and make the important decisions that affect their community.
Each quarter, Cedar Management Group offers training sessions for our HOA and condominium board members. These sessions are led by our senior property managers. We also bring in experts from outside our company, including attorneys and CPAs, to share and discuss ongoing issues in the industry.
Our board education sessions cover the following areas:
- Basics of a Homeowner’s Association
- Role and Duties of the Board
- Role and Duties of the Management Company
- Basic Financial Management for Associations
- Fiduciary Responsibility and the Business Judgment Rule
- Legislative Updates
Click Here to visit our Industry Links Page, which contains informative resources for community association leaders.