Garden City, SC: A Great Place to Retire
Garden City has an estimated population of 9,209 residents. It is located in Horry County and is also known as Garden City Beach. Garden City is a popular destination for retirees thanks to its fairly affordable housing, moderate cost of living, and excellent weather. It also attracts families because of its many outstanding public schools and plenty of outdoor activities.
The place is also known for the Pier at Garden City, which was previously known as the Kingfisher Pier. After Hurricane Hugo totally destroyed the pier, it was rebuilt. Today, the Pier at Garden City is home to a bar and puts on live music every night during the tourist season. Another popular event in the area is the Garden City Golf Cart Parade, which sees golf carts decorated in red, white, and blue colors every Fourth of July.
Garden City is close to other popular destinations such as Myrtle Beach, Surfside Beach, and Murrells Inlet. Notable attractions in and near the area include the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk, the Tupelo Bay Golf Center, Huntington Beach State Park, Myrtle Beach State Park, Hudson’s Surfside Flea Market, Surfside Pier, and Oceanside Village.
Community Association Management Services in Garden City, SC
Garden City boasts an affordable housing market, with home prices ranging from $19.5K to $2.2M. The median home listing price in the area is $180K, while the median home value is $145.8K. About 79 percent of the population own their homes, while the other 21 percent rent their homes. Garden City has a median rent of $1,062.
In terms of household income, though, Garden City falls below the national average. The median household income here is $44,862. Educational attainment is also not very high. In fact, only about 7 percent of Garden City’s residents hold a master’s degree or higher and 15 percent hold a bachelor’s degree. Finally, about 41 percent of the population hold some college or associate’s degree.
In any case, though, most of the residents in Garden City like to live in communities managed by homeowners associations. This can be primarily attributed to the fact that these associations offer a lot of benefits to their members. For instance, HOA members can enjoy a variety of exclusive amenities such as parks, pools, gyms, and clubhouses. Many communities also offer services such as trash collection, snow removal, and landscaping.
But, maintaining the community and keeping property values high is hard work. And, more often than not, HOA board members don’t have the time or expertise for the job. This is where a Garden City HOA management company can help.
HOA Management Services in Garden City, SC
Those who have experience serving on their HOA board know that running a community takes a lot of work. There are a lot of tasks involved in community management, and these aren’t just the administrative kind. It also requires some expertise with financial management, knowing how to resolve disputes, and some level of legal knowledge.
When left in the wrong hands, homeowners associations can suffer from poor management. This can then have a direct impact on homeowner satisfaction, curb appeal, and property values. As such, many associations outsource the job to a Garden City community association management company like Cedar Management Group.
We offer a wide range of solutions designed to make association management easier. Our services include community management, reserve planning, accounting and collections, legal assistance, and value-added services. We also manage maintenance and violations as well as provide board member training.
The Best Garden City, SC HOA Management Company
Cedar Management Group is a trusted management company in Garden City. Clients that partner with us can expect high-quality results delivered with utmost professionalism, financial transparency, and efficiency. We are committed to helping you maintain your community and, by extension, your property values.
If you are in search of reliable Garden City, SC community association management services, Cedar Management Group is the best choice. Call us today at (877) 252-3327 or contact us online to request a free estimate.
Garden City, SC Local Resources
While Garden City is a small town, new residents may still find it hard to navigate through. In an effort to help you adjust to your new home, we have put together a list of local resources you will find helpful.